A Proposal for Publishers of Canadian Cultural / Literary Magazines
What we ask from participating publishers
- Grant limited term rights to CEL to include current issues in its online service for the year beginning September 2019.
- Join Issuu.com* More here
- Upload PDFs of all regular issues released from January 2019 to June 2020 to Issuu.
What we will (and will not) do
- Working from the PDF you submit to Issuu, we will digitize your magazine for online access and provide you with fixed layout ePUB for your own use.
- Include your magazine on the dèsLibris platform
- Make it available in preview form to the public, and in fulltext form to all library subscribers (currently ~180 academic and special libraries in Canada.)
- All issues will be fully indexed and searchable on desLibris.
- All issues will include a “buy subscription” link to publisher site.
- PDF download will not be permitted.
- We will provide reports to publishers on all usage.
- dèsLibris will not sell subscriptions to individuals or libraries during the pilot period.
- In fall 2020, feedback will be sought from both libraries and publishers to determine pricing and terms for continuing the program.
Issuu.com will serve as the repository for the issues you submit to dèsLibris.
Issuu gives you a simple (but optional) means of offering digital subscriptions to your own audience.
- An easy way to get started with digital publishing
- A range of subscription models, including free, preview only, single-issue sales or paid subscriptions. More here
- Full usage statistics. More here
- Social media tools. More here
- Full control of all elements, including the Stripe payment gateway, which is a pre-requisite for priced subscription sales. More here
Issuu Plan Comparisons
*You may start with the Basic plan to provide content without charge
$228 / year
($22 per month - billed annually)
$378 / year
($31.50 per month - billed annually)
$2905 / year
($242.10 per month - billed annually)
|ALL FREE ONLINE ACCESS||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|BANNER AD FREE||~||~||Y||Y|
|SELL SINGLE ISSUES||~||~||Y||Y|
Poetry Is Dead
Point of View (POV)
PUBLIC Art Culture Ideas
Ryerson Review of Journalism
The Antigonish Review
The Capilano Review
The Humber Literary Review
The Literary Review of Canada
The Malahat Review
The Nashwaak Review
The New Quarterly
The Newfoundland Quarterly
The Pacific Rim Review of Books
The Prairie Journal
Vallum: Contemporary Poetry