Why are Documents and Books Subscription Collections being merged in 2020?
November 1, 2019
- The desLibris platform is designed to serve a library user with convenient discovery and access to relevant Canadian material on a given subject.
- The distinction between Books and Documents is a secondary consideration for researchers in social and political science fields.
- Even the word “Documents” misrepresents the nature of the collection, which is comprised of publications from “think tanks” and academic research centres as well as government documents.
- Conversely, Books are valuable and relevant to Canadian public policy researchers.
- Most academic subscribers to the service have moved away from the Documents Only option to the Complete Collection.
For Special Libraries, only the Complete Collection has been available for the past two years.