Canadian Electronic Library is available on the desLibris platform by subscription.
The “Complete Collection” includes all public documents and those books made available by their publishers for subscription licensing. New titles are added daily to the collection, which in mid 2019 numbers over 80,000 titles. More information on the Complete Collection here.
Institutional/library pricing is based on account type, population served (with discounts based on location and language.)
To add desLibris to your library or corporate account, please open an account.
Complete Collection: Canadian Books and Public Policy Documents
Special Offers Effective March 26, 2020
- User limits have been removed; all current subscription licenses have been changed to permit unlimited multiple-user access to all licensed titles.
- Subscription pricing has been reduced for the balance of the calendar year.
- The Complete Collection is available without charge to post-secondary institutions for the period March 26 through June 30, 2020.
To apply for free access, see instructions below.
Subscriber Discount on Perpetual Access Licenses
|Licensed Access||Per FTE||Minimum||Maximum|
| Unlimited Simultaneous Multiple Users||$ 1.10 $..80||$ 2,800 $ 2,400||$ 27,000 $24,000|
|One Concurrent User per Title*||$ .50 $.40||$ 1,400 $ 1,200||$ 14,000 $12,000|
Special Libraries and Corporate Accounts
|IP-Authenticated||Unlimited Simultaneous Multiple Users||$ 2,800 $2,400|
|IP-Authenticated||One Concurrent User per Title*||$ 1,400 $1,200|
|Password||One Concurrent User per Title*||$ 800 $600|
Public or School Library Systems
|IP-Authenticated||Unlimited Simultaneous Multiple Users||$ .10 / Cardholder||$ 2800 $2,400||$ 28000 $24,000|
50% discounts on these prices apply to:
Francophone institutions in CanadaPrices for Canadian institutions are expressed in Canadian dollars. Provincial sales taxes apply to sales in Canada.
Institutions located outside Canada
For international institutions, prices are expressed in US dollars.
Discounts are shown on account profiles.
A 5% discount is applied to consortium orders.
Free Access Available to Post-Secondary Libraries
To activate the collection:
This free access will be closed on July 1, 2020 or extended if the emergency continues. There is no obligation to continue the service after the expiry date, but your free library account will remain active unless/until cancelled.
- Use your administrative password to access your Library account.
Open a new Library account if you don't have one using the form here.
- Go to the Profile (upper right, #1 below) and click on "Subscriptions." Enter Promotion code "COVID-FREE" in the promotion code window (#2).
- Clicking "Redeem" will display a "thank you" message and activate the content on your site immediately.
You will receive a welcome letter explaining the service.
This will provision your account with the Complete Collection, but will also generate an invoice for the amount shown as the price for your library type and population served. If the invoice remains unpaid after the 30-day period, it will be cancelled and the trial ended.