New Ownership for Canadian Electronic Library
September 2021, Trojman Corporation and Coherent Digital entered an agreement to produce Canada Commons, a new version of the Canadian Electronic Library, which is described below.
Bob Gibson, President of Gibson Publishing Connections, the CEL parent company, said “For more than fifteen years the CEL has provided an authentic Canadian voice for Canadian publishers and readers. I’m delighted to be passing it over to Salvy and colleagues at Coherent Digital to build on it further.”
About Trojman Corporation
Trojman Corporation recently founded by Salvy Trojman, aims to produce and distribute quality digital content and services to libraries in Canada. With Trojman’s industry experience of over thirty-two years, Trojman Corporation is a trusted partner for libraries, researchers, information professionals and publishers.
About Coherent Digital
We’re a new company with a mission to tame wild content. We create massive databases of critical research and learning materials composed of content that’s uncatalogued, undiscoverable, uncitable, prone to link rot, and likely to disappear.
We find the items, digitize them, license them, index them, and link to them. Some are openly available, others behind paywalls. Some have been digitized for the first time, many we recover from CD-ROMs and faculty hard disks. We enrich the content using AI and other automated tools and produce curated collections—available to researchers and students on easy-to-use, discipline-specific web platforms. Content that might have been lost forever is stabilized, findable, and preserved in a permanent home.
About Canada Commons
- Advanced Search: A host of search features, including truncation, stemming and a full suite of Boolean operators.
- Social Tools: Follow individual topics, people, or organizations. Create branded portals. Receive alerts.
- Enriched content: Find tables within content and export them in CSV format.
- Upload Feature: Upload and share documents or links - within minutes they’re available to the Canada Commons Community
- Dedicated Ebook Reader: Download books for use without an internet connection.